Prophetic Word Regarding Great Britain & Brexit

While in prayer today I sensed God speaking into the nation at this time of political upheaval (Brexit) and change. Sorry if any of these concepts offend anyone’s political views, but let me simply explain what I saw:

I saw Great Britain as a tree that once stood alone, but was now hidden among a great forest of many trees, having lost its distinction and unique purpose. Quite literally, for many in the public and many in power, there was little clarity, and a loss of true purpose under the dark, damp overgrown canopy created by the large forest.

But then change stirred. There was a shifting in the landscape, a splintering, a small but ultimately seismic shift, that brought about a definite divine change: While Britain did not stand completely alone, there was enough change in the branches around about and enough adjustment in the landscape to allow her distinct shape and purpose to be seen. Then I noticed that as the branches in the canopy of the forest had shifted, a new wave of sunlight hit the ground around her for the first time in a long time, and new life began to burst forth.

I believe God is saying, that while the political shifts that will take place over the next months and years will not bring about the clear and full political extreme “breakaway” that some have desired, a greater shift has indeed taken place in the heavenlies, throwing fresh light and fresh purpose, and a new surge of power from heaven will touch the land. There will become just enough distinction in the heavenlies over Great Britain for her divine purpose to be re-ignited.

As the fresh sunlight hits the ground, and the heavenly landscape adjusts, I see it is as though a divine defibrillator is at work, stirring the church in the nation once again. As sunlight warms the earth, seeds of ancient purpose, revivals and the prayers of saints over centuries, begin to warm, and the ground itself begins to stir…

A Fresh Uprising of Prayer

A fresh uprising, a surge of prayer, worship, praise and prophetic intercession is about to burst through the veins of the Church in Great Britain, brought by heaven itself. Meetings large and small, to worship, encounter and pray, will begin to build a new kind of canopy, a canopy of praise, that heaven’s kingdom will rest upon. Thousands of small prayer meetings, in cities and villages across the nation, will draw heaven near in this time. The King desires to be “enthroned on the praises of His people!” and He is preparing the heavens over Great Britain for His arrival!

Many have thought worship has already been renewed in recent decades, but a fresh uprising is about to take worshippers to a whole new level- It will be like heaven on earth at times.

In this time, do not look to the corridors of parliament for powerful changes in the nation, but look to the closets of the praying – the Church is the heart of power in the nation and the nations, and a fresh wave of prayer is about to sweep over the land. This uprising of prayer will lead to power – power among the saints on the streets, in workplaces, in communities and in places of influence, in ways many have never seen nor imagined before. The healing touch of heaven will be magnified in power as the Church prays and worships.

For Such a Time As This

Where many have “dug ditches,” creating channels of influence into communities over years through social action, and have become disappointed at the kingdom results, they will realise they have been digging “for such a time as this” – many inroads of influence into communities, the poor and the many spheres of influence in the nation, local and national, will become irrigation channels, filled with the prayers and the powers of a new season of heaven coming upon the nation. Many will realise they had been preparing the land “for such a time as this.”

As Britain attempts to readjust its position in Europe, there will also be a fresh uprising of compassion for mainland Europe,resulting in new waves of missionaries from Britain to the mainland, carrying this fresh prayer and power to community after community. I even see many that have travelled from African nations to the U.K. will also find themselves moving into mainland Europe. A compassionate move of missions, fuelled by prayer and armed with heavens power, is about to stir across the new landscape of Great Britain and Europe.

While many will complain that there are still too many political entanglements with Europe in the coming years, enough of a divine shift in the heavens will have taken place to release God’s divine sunlight on Great Britain. Focus on the fresh light shining from the heavens in this season, rather than the problematic purposes of man. There is a Greater divine work taking place than can ever be wrought by the human corridors of power.

Pray with me – “Father, Your Kingdom COME, Your will be done…in Great Britain, as it is in heaven!”

Note: As with all prophetic words, the bringer of the message is, of course, fallible! … so please prayerfully judge this before God. FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION ABOUT THIS WORD, READ THE AFTERTHOUGHT ON PROPHECY HERE>

Comments

27 comments on “Prophetic Word Regarding Great Britain & Brexit”
  1. Lavanya N says:

How we long for a mass visitation by the Holy Spirit, which alone would make the unbelieving world, stop and take note. When He does visit, it will get ugly, scary and unattractive as it will not fit everything and anything we could ever imagine or dream of. It will be completely new, unlike anything we have heard of or seen hitherto. I wish the same for North America. We have a God who is mysterious and He loves to give us surprises. I simply love the way He turns the world systems upside down. Praying along with you for Great Britain. The God who raised up the country after, WW II, brick by brick, Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call. Isaiah 59:1. God bless, from the Great white north. Pray for us. We are in great and deep trouble politically.

2. Alan Stubbs says:

thank you for the encouragement !!.

3. Sherry Gorman-Rickard says:

Really quite beautiful

4. Ann Dennis says:

HI, IN ALL THINGS WE NEED TO HAVE WORDS CLARIFIED AND CONFIRMED IN THE WORD. I REALISE GOD IS DOING A NEW THING – BUT IS NEVER OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF HIS WORD! FOR THIS REASON, I RESPECTFULLY POINT YOU TO DAVID HATHAWAYS “THE RAPE OF EUROPE” – ON YOUTUBE. HAVING WATCHED THE VIDEO, I AM SURE YOU WILL COME TO THE CONCLUSION TO “COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE OF HER SIN”. MY HOPE AND PRAYER IS THAT GOD DOES BRING FORTH A CLEAN BREAK, BUT KNOW GOD IS GOD. HIS PLAN IS MUCH GREATER THAN WE KNOW AND UNDERSTAND. JUDGEMENT IS NEVER COMFORTABLE, AND THIS NATION NEEDS A WAKE UP CALL TO RETURN TO THEIR FIRST LOVE. WE CERTAINLY CANNOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME – BUT WE CAN TRUST IN THE ALMIGHTY TO TAKE US FORWARD IN HIS WAY THAT HE KNOWS IS THE BEST FOR US. AFTER ALL, HE IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD – ONE WHO LEADS HIS FLOCK FROM THE FRONT. HE SPEAKS TO HIS PROPHETS FIRST, WHICH SLIGHTLY GOES AGAINST YOUR WORD. HOWEVER, I AM PICKING UP IN MY SPIRIT SOMETHING IN YOUR ARTICLE WHICH MAKES ME ASK YOU THE QUESTION “ARE YOU A PIONEER, A FORERUNNER”? IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN WONDER IF YOU ARE SPEAKING OUT AHEAD OF TIME, AND PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY UNABLE TO CATCH UP WITH YOU. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE! WE MUST ACCEPT THAT GOD JUST MAY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS NATION IN THE SHORT-TERM WHICH WOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT WOULD BE FRUITFUL IN THE LONGER TERM. WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE AS HIS TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT.

ANN DENNIS

1. Jarrod Cooper says:

Great words to pray about! Thank you!

5. unholyjoe says:

Whilst I agree with the general points that you make in your follow up piece about God’s plans versus human politics, I do find it interesting that you use the word “extreme” to describe a clean break from the EU. Being outside of the EU is hardly extreme given it is the position for over 90% of the world! Perhaps your own (apparent) political preferences are shaping your interpretation?

1. Jarrod Cooper says:

Thanks “unholy joe”… (cool name!) . Extreme may be a compliment, an insult or just factually descriptive. I meant it as the latter. I did not mean “extremist”

6. This is great Jarrod! Thanks for sharing this. I voted remain but the most important thing for me is ‘kingdom come’ and at times when I am pondering politically what is going on I am going to turn my words into heavenly praying! Thanks for the hope this word brings too

1. Jarrod Cooper says:

Bless you Nigel! Praying with you!

7. Carol says:

I feel comfortable with this word and was remembering and praying for fulfillment of your vision a couple of decades ago …stadiums etc being filled. What has been spoken/given. ..will come to pass ☺

8. Nick White says:

You are prophesying a soft Brexit with a deal and a revival following that. But can you say when the following revival will be?

1. Jarrod Cooper says:

I think you are reading perceptions into that, that may be personal rather than absolute. But thanks for your observations!

2. Nick White says:

Thanks for the reply Jarrod. But can you give any idea of timings whatever the interpretations?

3. Jarrod Cooper says:

Not really. In some ways there already seems to be some if this going on, in other ways there is so much to be done. I am also very cautious of words like “revival” as it’s so open to personal interpretation. Sorry, I’m just the fallible postman!

4. Nick White says:

I was worried you were going to say that. In many prophecies, God seems very cagey on the timing. If all the posties and messengers went on strike, I wonder if God would consider elaborating?

5. Jarrod Cooper says:

Ha! I have every sympathy. “I am coming soon” he said a long time ago (to us!). Thanks for sending your link to. Appreciated!

6. Nick White says:

Let me act as a messenger too please. It is all I have to say on the issue. https://nickwhitesblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-parable-of-cold-island.html

7. Nick/Jarrod – may I interject an observation on the matter of timing? When I started learning about prophecy 20-odd years ago it was said it usually took ten or more years to manifest, if at all. (Hence, not easy to test whether true and false!) After the Millennium I began watching Bible prophecies being fulfilled.

Around 2011-12 an acknowledged modern prophetess foresaw acceleration in fulfillment of prophetic words and visions. In monitoring them I’ve recorded a rapid increase in prophecies and of their fulfillment.

So maybe the revival within the UK that Smith Wigglesworth foresaw, and which I witnessed his prayer partner Norman James being blessed with in 1997, is just ‘around the corner’?

However, some stress that will arrive only after a lot more repentance by the church for its own sins and on behalf of the nation.

9. Striking a positive chord, Coops! Thanks for this. Looking back at the biggest revivals we’ve seen in Britain, they were preceded by big social and political change. The Enlightenment came before Wesley and Whitfield and their lifetime was also marked by the industrial revolution and the American and French revolutions. I’m sure at the time it looked like the world was falling apart – and maybe it was! The post-war chaos came before the Billy Graham revival in the sixties. These events otherwise brought decidedly mixed fortunes, but this word rightly focuses on what opportunities such political changes bring for the growth of the church. Whatever I think of our country’s political direction – in all things God works for the good of those who love Him.

1. Jarrod Cooper says:

Hey you! When you home? Yes political upheaval, wars and depressions are often preceded by, or lead to, great revivals and reformations. Boy O boy, the world needs Jesus!

2. Soon! Jesus is the answer. What was the question? – we should bring that back 🙂

3. Jarrod Cooper says: